Privacy Collection Notice
This is a collection notice by T Garage – Strategy and Research Pty Limited (ACN 613 775 143) and its Related Bodies Corporate under APP5 of the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Who is collecting your personal information?
T Garage – Strategy and Research Pty Limited (ACN 613 775 143) and its Related Bodies Corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), including InsightIQ Pty Limited (ACN 613 778 788) and InsightIQ Technologies Pty Limited (ACN 144 524 452)
Level 1, 232 Clarendon St, South Melbourne, South Melbourne, Victoria, 3205, Australia
Have we collected your personal information from someone else?
Yes, although we sometimes collect personal information from you directly, we may also have obtained your personal information from a community sponsor or third party data broker.
The purposes for which we collect your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to:
Consequences if your personal information is not collected
You will not be able to join or participate in our communities
We may not be able to provide you with the products or services you require or an appropriate level of service
Third parties to whom we usually disclose your personal information
Specific examples of third parties to whom we may disclose personal information include:
Access and correction
Our commitment to privacy
T Garage – Strategy and Research Pty Limited (ACN 613 775 143) and its Related Bodies Corporate (referred to as we, our and us) are committed to protecting the privacy of all Personal Information that we collect from you and to complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ( Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
App means the InsightIQ mobile application. Communities means communities hosted on the Platform. Member means a member of a Community. Personal information means information or opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Platform means the InsightIQ research platform and includes:
- the App; and
- all related software upgrades and updates, add-on components, web services, supplements.
Where practicable, we will deal with you anonymously or under a pseudonym. However, due to the nature of our products and services, where you do not wish to provide us with your Personal Information, you will not be able to join or participate in our Communities and we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you require or an appropriate level of service.
We collect and hold Personal Information that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our functions or activities.
- Our purposes for handling your Personal Information
We collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information to:
- give you the ability to access and use the Platform and Website;
- invite you to join, enrol you as a Member of and enable you to participate in, Communities;
- provide our clients and Sponsors with analysis, insights and outputs derived from your and other Members’ participation in Communities;
- provide you with products and services;
- promote related products and services to you;
- enable you to access information about us and our products and services;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- otherwise manage our business.
- Types of Personal Information we collect
We obtain Personal Information from our clients, Sponsors and third party data brokers. We may also collect information from the devices and networks that you use to access the Platform and Website to help us develop and secure our services. The information we may collect can include:We obtain Personal Information from our clients and Sponsors. We also obtain Personal Information directly from customers and Members via the Platform and Website and from maintaining records of information provided in the course of providing services or during participation by Members in Communities.
When you browse our Website
You do not have to give us any information in order to simply browse on our Website.
However, we may need to collect certain details from you if, for example, you want to place an order or make a payment for products or services.
When we provide you with products and services
To provide products and services to you, the Personal Information that we collect includes your name, ABN, email address, phone numbers, address and date of birth.
When you use the Platform and Website and participate in Communities
To use the Platform and participate in a Community, you must become and Member and provide us your name, gender, email address, phone numbers, address and date of birth. You may provide further information to facilitate your participation in a Community.
If you become a member of a Community, then you will have the opportunity to share content and information within the Community. You are under no obligation to share any content and information and do so entirely as a matter of your free choice.
We may collect information about how you use the Platform and Website to assist us to provide you with more tailored services, and to enable us to develop and improve our services. When you use the Platform or Website, the information we may collect includes:
- the functions you have used;
- all content and information that you share or provide within a Community (which may include your Sensitive Information, if you chose to share that information);
- how you have shared your content and information within a Community;
- third party content you have received;
- advertisements you have clicked on; and
- other Communities and third party websites that you have accessed via the Platform and Website.
- the internet protocol (IP) address of your computer of the proxy server that you use to access the internet;
- your computer operating system;
- your type of web browser;
- your mobile device;
- your mobile operating system; and
- the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier.
We obtain some of this information from third party analytics companies whom we have allowed to access a de-identified database in order to provide us with this information.
- How we handle your Personal Information
We will collect and hold your Personal Information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. We obtain Personal Information directly from you, as well as from our clients and Sponsors. We will sometimes also collect your Personal Information from other third parties, including from our Related Bodies Corporate and publicaly available sources.
We may collect the Personal Information you directly give us through some of the following means:
- when completing the registration process for the Platform;
- from the Platform account opening forms and other related correspondence;
- when you participate in a Community;
- when you make an application for, or sign our agreement for, the provision of our products or services;
- when you request any information regarding our products or services in person, by phone or via the Platform or Website;
- while conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
- whilst administering any of our services;
- when you enter any promotions or competitions we, our clients or Sponsors run from time to time; and
- as otherwise required to manage our business.
Automatic collectionWe may collect your Personal Information automatically through some of the following means:
- we may receive location data passed to us from third party services or GPS-enabled devices you have set up;
- we may collect information about how you use the Platform and Website and participate in Communities to assist us to provide you with more tailored services and to enable us to develop and improve our services;
- we may also collect information from the devices and networks that you use to access the Platform and Website and participate in Communities to help us develop and secure our services; and
- we may use 'cookies' to store and sometimes track information about you, but only on an anonymous basis.
- Use and disclosure of Personal Information
We will only use and/or disclose your Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles.
The primary purposes for which we use and disclose your Personal Information include:
- giving you the ability to access and use the Platform and Website;
- inviting you to join, and enabling you to participate in, Communities;
- Platform and Community registration procedures;
- verifying your identity;
- providing our clients and Sponsors with analysis, insights and outputs derived from your and other Members’ participation in Communities;
- providing you with our products or services;
- providing you with information in relation to the use of our products or services;
- providing quality assurance for our products and services;
- providing you with information available on the Platform and Website;
- maintaining user records;
- administering and managing our products or services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- responding to your enquiries and feedback regarding our business, our products and our services;
- complying with government legislation and regulations; and
- internal management purposes, complaint handling, planning, quality assurance and audit purposes.
- our Related Bodies Corporate ;
- our clients and Sponsors;
- our third party service providers (such as our third party providers of backup and data storage services, content services, website hosting services, marketing services, market research and analytical services, games and competition services, prizes, distribution and mailing services);
- our third party providers of software and services which incorporated in, or integrated or linked with, the Communities, the Platform or Website;
- any purchaser or potential purchaser of our business or assets;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information we collect for a secondary purpose. A secondary purpose is one which is related to the primary purpose of collection. Some of the secondary purposes for which we may use your personal information include:
- promoting and marketing our products and services to you;
- product and service development;
- customer and market research; and
- keeping you informed of any changes to our business, products and services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
We will not use or disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
We may use your Personal Information, including your contact details, to provide you with information about products and services, including those of third parties, which we consider may be of interest to you.
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes.
You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing information from us. You can make this request by contacting our Privacy Officer.
You have a right to access your Personal Information. We will generally provide it to you but in some cases where and to the extent permitted by law, we may refuse access to some or all of that information. In those circumstances we will provide reasons.
To make a request, you will need to obtain and complete an application form verifying your identity and specifying what information you require. You should contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com to make a request.
- Accuracy and corrections
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up to date. If you believe that any Personal Information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, then please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Information is kept secure.
We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security for our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modification of Personal Information. This also applies to disposal of Personal Information.
In addition, we protect Personal Information by restricting access to those people who need access to do their job.
- Resolving personal information concerns
The Privacy Officer
T Garage – Strategy and Research Pty Limited
Level 1, 232 Clarendon St, South Melbourne, South Melbourne, Victoria, 3205, Australia
Once a complaint has been lodged, the Privacy Officer will respond to you as soon as possible. We will endeavour to respond to any complaints received within 30 days.
You may also lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by telephone: 1300 363 992 or email: email@example.com.
The last update to this document was July 2019.